Where Googling Will Come In Handy - And Is Your Website Prepared?
I wrote a blog post a few weeks back that asked this question:
IS YOUR POTENTIAL CLIENT FINDING YOU VIA A GOOGLE SEARCH?
The point of this question was to contemplate whether YOUR TARGET MARKET is searching for your provided service and if they find you:
ARE THEY A MATCH?
A match can mean all sorts of things ... but the biggest focus was: budget. Are Googling clients bringing an ideal budget to the table to spend on the services you provide?
What I mean by 'Google search' to find YOUR SERVICE is some variation of the following:
- Orange County Wedding Planners
- Florida Wedding Florists
- Chicago Wedding Photographers
^^ IMO, if a potential client is Googling to find those things ... well ... they may not be in the 'higher-end' market ... I know, I know ... be mad if you want ;) Also, consider this: the first 5-ish results for a Google search like that will most likely bring up the top online wedding vendor directories ... and not actual websites owned BY the professionals themselves ... so might be smart to advertise on those pages, no??? Haha ...
Moving along ... I believe there is one thing that WILL HELP YOU on Google searches ... and that is the searches that happen AFTER a couple decides on their venue.
VENUE SEARCHES CAN AND WILL HELP YOU
When I design websites for my clients I insert my secret formula to each and every image I upload ... and what happens to their traffic, inquiries, and overall success is HUGE ... it typically blows up ... the combination of my creative eye, user experience optimization strategies, image selection, and 'secret optimization formula' create an online environment that leads to success for my clients.
If you are noticing that your website has traffic that rarely leads to inquiries - or if the inquiries that do come in aren't ideal - then let's chat! It never hurts to talk about options and what I have to offer you.
Questions to ask yourself:
- Has your website gone over 3 years without being touched? You need a redesign.
- Are you getting clicks from your advertising outlets that rarely lead to hires? You need a redesign.
- Do you go to your website and immediately wish it looked different? You need a redesign.
- Are there new companies launching in your area that you fear will start to take business away from you? You need a redesign.
- Does your website break or work strangely on mobile devices? You DEFINITELY need a redesign. 55 - 65% of your website traffic will be via a mobile device and that number is growing!