Yes, I Do Believe That SEO Is Dying For Certain Types Of Businesses!
Yesterday I wrote a blog post that basically stated this question:
IS YOUR TARGET MARKET FINDING YOU VIA A GOOGLE SEARCH?
The point of the post was to consider if putting a lot of money into SEO boosting will help you or not? I didn't answer the question, I simply stated some ideas for business owners to think about. Basically, do your inquiries who say 'they found you via Google' fit in your target market? That answer could be yes and it could be no ... only YOU can answer that.
The graphic I designed for the post had the following hashtag on the bottom:
When this graphic was shared on FB there were many people up in arms about ^^ that hashtag. Now, a few things about my marketing strategy ...
- I use all sorts of f*cked up hashtags on my graphics because it's there to grab attention ... have we just met???
- I believe that SEO is dying for a lot of business owners are here's why:
SEO is GREAT for the following types of business owners:
- People who established their domain over 10 years ago and were smart about choosing it
- People who constantly blog, optimize their images, and make the correct updates to support Google's current algorithm
- People who own NATIONAL or INTERNATIONAL businesses - or who provide a service that MOST people can take advantage of
- People who have thousands of dollars to pay a SEO company to get to the first or second pages of Google .. because who really goes beyond page 2 when they search ??
Now, do I believe that my client is Googling to find me??? HELL NO. I don't think SEO would help me get hired ... I do believe that business owners who are Googling to find 'business tips' may find my blog posts ... which will boost my UEO with traffic and in turn help my SEO ... but for actual clients, my 'people' aren't Googling ... and how do I know that???
I TRACK WHERE MY INQUIRIES COME FROM AND THE PEOPLE WHO FIND ME VIA A GOOGLE SEARCH ARE TYPICALLY NOT ABLE TO AFFORD ME
What is marketing for? Marking is there to dial it in and focus on the type of client you want to attract. A Google search isn't focused ... a Google search is 'words' on a page. Yes, I know ... Google images ... which is why I optimize every image on my website, but that still doesn't mean that my target market is Googling.
I will make the bold statement and say that:
SEO IS DYING ... FOR SOME
I will add the 'for some' because SEO will *always* *always* *always* be helpful for things ... it will always be there ... people will ALWAYS use it ... and it definitely benefits ALL OF US. Once a client decides to look into hiring you they will probably 'search' for articles written about you ... for reviews about you ... etc ... but that doesn't mean they found you on Google first ;) Haha ... clear enough for you?
BUT. BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT ... going back to the whole point of yesterday's post, you need to decide if YOUR TARGET MARKET is Googling ... are they finding you via GOOGLE!? If that answer is YES << awesome!!! Put as much money as you can afford into boosting your SEO for searches ... If that answer is NO << good that you know!!! Put your energy, efforts, and investment into other marketing tools to attract your potential client :)
Ok, have an amazing day!